Review: Sleek Makeup Dip-it Duo Volumising Mascara and Liquid Eyeliner 24 Karat
how are you today beautiful? ;D today, i'd like to share with you the last item i got from my 2nd Luxola haul, which is the Sleek Makeup Dip-it Duo Volumising Mascara and Liquid Eyeliner in 24 Karat.
i've never seen much review or mentions about this product except from FacesBySarah. i've never been such vibrant swatch of a gold liner so it got me curious and i've decided to buy this one.
pictures and swatches!
my 2 cents:
- the packaging is very practical and an eye candy.
- the color is pretty but i expected it to be really vibrant but it seemed flatter from my expectation. i've not tried though but i believe with a good gold base this will pop. but doing that is a little crazy because that would mean i'll be doing extra steps i am trying to avoid in the first place. *sigh*
- after a little while - and i mean in as little as 1 hour - the color fades. maybe this will work on drier lids, as mine is really an oil mine. and oh, this happens even with UDPP. bummer.
- there is a technique on applying the liner as the felt tip is sturdier than the usual eyeliner brush. i learned that for me i need to tug my lids a bit from the outer lid to line better and straighter. that is one big major no-no for me, as currently i don't need to need to move my lids when applying with a gel liner.
- the mascara wand is smaller (almost half) than my normal mascaras which could be both a good and bad thing. good, because it's easier to apply on harder to reach areas like the inner and outer lashes without disturbing the other lashes. bad, because if this would be used as the sole mascara it will take more time to cover all lashes. i also feel that the formulation on the mascara is not very good. it's not volumising imo, weighs down my curled lashes and it's not waterproof or smudgeproof. it's a so-so mascara.
- i didn't post a FOTD/EOTD to showcase this product because it doesn't photograph nicely when i used it on top of eyeshadow (be it light or dark hues). i don't look nice with only gold eyeshadow or eyeliner only so if i will do EOTD/FOTD with the liner only, it'll look flat or worse, invisible - well, almost. so i opted not to do so. maybe this will look better on warm toned ladies (i've pink undertones).
overall, i feel that this is not a good buy after all. my consolation on this product is that it's a liner and mascara in one that could probably save me some makeup space while travelling. other than that, i don't see myself reaching out for this as often as i'd initially hoped to.
do you have this product? what are your insights/experience with it?