Haul: NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams and NYX Matte Lipstick

i was able to visit Digital Traincase's booth at the Philippine Cosmetics Expo at Megamall Megatrade Hall 1 last September 3. i picked up NYX lippies, particularly the beauty bloggers' raved about Soft Matte Lip Creams. 

while i'm not a fan of matte lippies (used to but that was a long time ago) because they are usually drying, my curiousity was stimulated when Shen of Shensaddiction posted inviting photos of her lips smeared with San Paulo shade. after reading her experience that it isn't drying, i thought i should try that at least and know for myself.

i actually wanted to buy more but immediately i thought of so many other beauty products i want to buy that i restrained myself from getting more lol. i just picked one with bold color and a neutral shade (i love neutral lippies!). i also end up getting their Matte Lipstick just because i loved the color when i swatched it and told myself to try it out anyway.

so here are my picks: Stockholm, San Paulo and Butter


More pictures after the jump!








i've only tried San Paulo yesterday and my first impressions are 1) it's indeed not drying, 2) it's matte but not flat (which i liked), 3) the smell reminds me of a candy - although i can't seem to think which one (it's on the end of my toungue lol), 4) the pigmentation is good 5) the color lasts until you eat lol then you'll definitely have to retouch. as of now, i suppose it's ok although it's not a phenomenal product imo - or maybe it hasn't hit me yet. i'll post swatches and deeper reviews later.

have you tried NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams and Matte Lipsticks? love it, loathe it or lukewarm about it?

update as of 19th September:
here are the swatches:


NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in San Paulo


NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Stockholm


NYX Matte Lipstick in Butter



Comments

  1. I saw Shen used this super bagay sa kanya! I'm sure bagay din sayo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm contemplating whether or not to buy them. Thanks for posting this. Parang gusto ko na tuloy bumili. Hehe. I'm still on a tight budget but I'm hopeful to buy them later this year. ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried these though I was lemming Antwerp and Amsterdam. I'm not sure why I haven't bought some for myself. Kuripot mode?

    FOTD wearing one of these! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Nikki: hehe hoping nga ako! ^_^

    @Maggie: you're welcome! try mo lang, ako i just got it out of curiousity.

    @Pammy: i initially wanted Antwerp din but i really told myself try ko muna bago ako magwala and spend away hehe! sure mag post ako before the week ends hopefully. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! :) I approve all comments one by one, please give me at least a day to approve it. No spamming please!

Popular posts from this blog

i got BELOfied!

Belo (Acne) Oil Control Kit review

Terrific hairday at Affascinante Salon