Review: Revlon PhotoReady Concealer

wow, two more days and it's the weekend again! doesn't time just fly? :)

yesterday i heard of a great cosmetics sale announcement from Sarah - the MakeUpForEver sale is so ON!!! check out her FB fanpage for more details!

ok, i should settle my excitement for a while. *grins*

wanna share with you my thoughts on a new concealer i've picked up a couple of weeks back because my Shu Uemura Mark Cealer (read my review here) might soon bid me farewell - i dread that day as it's my HG concealer. (T_T) anyhoo, i settled for a drugstore brand to make room for options readily available almost everywhere instead of just relying on Shu counters. enter Revlon PhotoReady Concealer stick.


more pictures, swatches and my review after the jump!


there were only 3 shades available at the time i bought this but for the life of me cannot recall all the shades but i got the shade 004.





my thoughts and observations:
- the first thing i love is the price because it's almost a third of my HG concealer!
- easily available as can be readily purchased at any Watsons/Guardian branch
- easy to apply and blend. after swiping it onto the desired area, i just lightly dab on it and it blends very well.
- creamy consistency makes it easy to work with, it doesn't cake even if you apply layers of it!
- if you plan to use this on others, a concealer brush can be used to avoid hygienic issues. my HG concealer now uses a doe-foot applicator, not good for use on different people.
- the shade i got covers my dark undereye and pimple marks really well!
- not sure if all gals can find a shade to use from the limited shades available

all in all, i like this concealer. it is a great substitute for Shu Uemura Mark Cealer although i wouldn't dethrone it with this one yet. still, i wouldn't think twice if i ran out of concealer and repurchase this!

have you tried this concealer? how do you find it?

P.S.
just because i really love my HG concealer, tomorrow i'll be posting a showdown between these two - do look out for that!

Popular posts from this blog

i got BELOfied!

Belo (Acne) Oil Control Kit review

Terrific hairday at Affascinante Salon