tress tales: from braided to beachy

I could say that hair styling is my Achilles' heel. I don't know why but it's something I really struggle to be good at. As much, and may be more, as other women say they would love to learn how to put on eye makeup as prettily and boldly as I do, I'd be so thrilled to be mentored to be even decent at taming my own mane and maybe even make it look interesting. So I really consider it a treat when I sport a beautiful hairstyle.

Last Sunday, I sang for the children service at our church - Hope Church Singapore. The worship team, made up of musicians and singers, can consult with the image ministry to check how they look before they come on stage and minister to God's people through praise and worship. I'm very glad and privileged to be a part of both these teams - as a singer for the worship team and a makeup artist in the image ministry. In the image ministry, there is this sister that's got mad braiding skills. Her name is Jhess. When I asked her to put up my hair so it won't fall on my face while we're jumping up & down while singing and at the same time make it look adorable, she delivered that and wowed me when she worked her hands on my locks!



I'm not familiar with braid styles but I don't think I could do even a very simple and neat french braid haha. I love how she made it look appropriate for ministering to kids without looking overly childish. In fact, I think she made me look innocently pretty lol! When she was done, I kept asking her if it's really done because it was finished in 5 minutes! Brilliant! I envy her skills! I really believe we all have God-given special gifts. (^__^)

When I came home from the service though, I became sad because I was so not looking forward to unraveling my locks. (T__T) Boohoo, I will lose the pretty braid. But lo and behold! I was pleasantly shocked when it looked effortlessly beautiful when I undo the braid!

*pardon the naked face* :P

To be honest, I never imagined myself looking good with crimped beach hair. I always see my face bulging when I introduce waves or curls on my hair. This though very much reminded me of this look:

*taken from pinterest.com*

Albeit her waves are comparatively larger but the effect is similar - effortlessly sexy! Now, I'm feeling determined and inspired to try harder at this hair styling business. 

Care to share what hair style spices up your monotonous hair life? 

Blessed and restful weekend everyone!

Popular posts from this blog

i got BELOfied!

Belo (Acne) Oil Control Kit review

Terrific hairday at Affascinante Salon